The Lock-In ~ Intensive Mentor Coaching in a retreat-like New Forest Setting
The Lock-In is the creation of Clare Norman and is designed to enable coaches to make exponential headway in gaining ICF accreditation through mentor coaching in a spacious yet intensive environment in the New Forest, Hampshire.
Finding the time and motivation to externally validate your coaching is tough! If you are ready to spend some good quality time on it and you enjoy and gain inspiration by working with others, then the Lock-In will give you that ‘loving kick’ to accrue your mentor coaching hours and complete your paperwork.
Who is the Lock-In for?
- Coaches looking to fast track their ICF accreditation
- Coaches looking to sharpen their skills through mentor coaching
- Coaches looking for feedback against the ICF competencies
How do I know if the Lock-in is right for me?
Work your way through this decision-tree to establish which level and pathway is right for you at this stage in your coaching career. The ICF website will give you the small-print and if you sign up to the Lock-In, Clare will help you to navigate these paths.
How does the Lock-In work?
Join a group of up to 7 ACC & PCC applicants to:
- Sharpen your coaching skills through 7 hours of group mentor coaching*, where each of you practices 1-1 coaching with feedback and learning from others’ practice and feedback
- Clarify the expectations of the ICF and record your coaching and CPD hours
- And/or achieve something of your own choosing, related to your coaching
- Keep yourself accountable for progress post-Lock-In
Where does it run?
The Lock-In takes place in Clare’s home in Beaulieu in the heart of the New Forest in Hampshire. Bright and airy, backing onto fields, and within walking distance of the Beaulieu river for reflective contemplation.
When is the next Lock-In?
Spring 2019: 29th-31st March only one space left – register your interest here
Summer 2019: 7th-9th June – register your interest here
Autumn 2019: Date TBC – register your interest here
To book or to ask questions, please contact Clare at email@example.com or call her on 07775 817344.
The Lock-In schedule
|Friday evening: Check in at your accommodation, ready to start on Saturday morning. Dinner (at own cost) at a local pub at 7.30pm to meet your “loving kickers” **. Treat this as your getting to know you time, as we will get straight into the work on Saturday morning without further introductions.|
|9.30-12.45:||Group mentor coaching: 3 coaching practice sessions with feedback against the ICF competencies|
|1.45-2.45||Group mentor coaching: 1 coaching practice session with feedback against the ICF competencies|
|2.45-6.30:||You choose: recording your coaching and CPD hours, getting to know the competencies, walking coaching, reflective walking, discussing ethical issues and/or the credentialing coach knowledge assessment, free time|
|9.00-12.15:||Group mentor coaching: 3 coaching practice sessions with feedback against the ICF competencies|
|1.15-2.00:||Action planning, review and close|
|2.00-4.30:||You choose: recording your coaching and CPD hours, getting to know the competencies, walking coaching, reflective walking, discussing ethical issues and/or the credentialing coach knowledge assessment, free time|
Accommodation to be booked and paid for separately, directly with the establishment of your choice. There are plenty of choices in the village and surrounding area. See TripAdvisor for options.
Closest train station is Brockenhurst, 5 miles away. Taxis available from the station for around £20. For those coming without a car, I suggest you stay in Beaulieu, or book taxis in advance.
What happens next?
The Lock-In is the start of a journey with Clare and will connect you to a supportive community of like minded people.
Beyond the Lock-In, you will be invited to join 3 x 1-1 Virtual Mentor Coaching sessions to top up your mentor coaching hours to the ten required for accreditation. You will share a recording of your coaching and stop and start it to reflect on your use of the competencies. The intention is to build your coaching competency as you integrate the feedback into your practice over a period of at least three months.
Further to that, you will be invited to join an exclusive LinkedIn community (LockedIn) of individuals who have gone through the same process, an opportunity to share learning, successes and undoubtedly to ask for help, if indeed help is needed.
Clare’s annual Advanced Lock-In for PCCs will provide you with the opportunity to gain seven Continuing Coaching Education Units towards the 40 hours that you need for re-accreditation. You will join other experienced coaches to develop your coaching skills further, share your coaching experiences, explore ethical dilemmas, make new friends celebrate successes, and continue on the coaching journey.
How much does the Lock-In cost?
- 7 hours of group mentor coaching
- Getting to know the competencies
- Accreditation requirements briefing
- Recording your coaching and CPD hours
- Discussing ethical issues and coach knowledge assessment
- 3 x 20 minute accountability sessions post-lock-in, to keep you on track
- 2 light lunches, plus tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout
Your investment is £590 + VAT per person***
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 + VAT is required with your booking to secure your place with the remainder due ten weeks prior to the Lock-In
- Refer-a-Friend: earn a £50 discount for referring a friend, who books and pays in full
- ***Early Bird Bookings: £540 + VAT for full payment by ten weeks before the session
- Virtual 1-1 Mentor Coaching Sessions: Charged at £150 + VAT each for a 1 hour session
- Advanced Lock-In, for PCCs: Date to be confirmed, £490 + VAT
- We regret that no refund can be paid on the deposit; and no refunds can be made for cancellations of less than 8 weeks before the first day of the Lock-In
- If a cancellation is made between 8 and 10 weeks before the first day of the Lock-In, 50% of the fees will be refunded
- If a cancellation is made more than 10 weeks before the first day of the Lock-In, then a full refund minus the deposit will be made. The deposit may be used towards a new date
- All cancellations must be in writing please
- Full refund will be paid 2 weeks before the start date, should the Lock-In be cancelled due to low numbers
*For ICF accreditation, you need 10 hours of mentor coaching in total, up to 7 of which can be group mentor coaching. This must be over a period of 3 months, so you may choose to complete your 10 hours with 3 more 1-1 mentor coaching sessions after the retreat, at a cost of £150 + VAT per hour.
** The loving boot comes from the work by Laurent Daloz, from his 1986 book Effective Teaching and Mentoring, quoted in Blakey, J and Day, I. (2012). Challenging Coaching. London: Nicholas Brealey Publishing p19. It implies that the person is providing high support and high challenge.
[The term ‘Lock-In’ is subject to Copyright, Clare Norman Coaching Associates.]