Intensive Mentor Coaching in a retreat-like setting
“The International Coach Federation believes that, in order to be effective, continuing professional education should include opportunities for individual practice, reflection and learning with the support of a skilled observer providing feedback. This is the role of the Mentor Coach.”
You’ve perhaps experienced the power of mentor coaching to sharpen your edge ready for your accreditation, and you’d like to continue to receive insightful feedback about your current coaching competencies.
Who is the Advanced Lock-In for?
- Coaches already at Professional Certified Coach level (or equivalent with other coaching bodies), going for renewal some time in the next three years
- PCC (or equivalent) coaches looking to further sharpen their edge
- PCC (or equivalent) coaches wishing to continue their professional development
Did you know that you can use mentor coaching as part of the 40 hours of Continuing Coach Education (CCE) you need to accumulate over 3 years to renew your ICF credential? The Advanced Lock-In provides a high impact way of gaining 8 mentor coaching hours towards that. There are additional opportunities for some 1:1 virtual mentor coaching sessions to top up your mentor coaching hours by Clare, following the weekend.
Take a look at this ICF webpage for more information about what you can count as CCEs for renewal.
How does the Advanced Lock-In work?
Join a group of 7 experienced PCCs, all investing in staying sharp AND getting CCEs. You’ll experience:
- Insightful learning specific to your coaching, taking you back to conscious competence (just like on the original lock-in)
- A retreat-like environment near Bournemouth on the South Coast
- The opportunity to keep up-to-date with your records
- The chance to read, write, research, discuss ethical dilemmas and the ICF competencies
- The prospect of building a tighter network of trusted colleagues
Mentor coaching is for life (-long learning). Not just for accreditation!
Feedback from those who have experienced the Lock-In before
“I learnt so much in the last 48 hours – it is so much more than a coaching skills lock-in; it is a retreat with other like-minded coaching professionals.”
“My coaching has really improved since attending the lock-in.”
“Thank you for a very enjoyable weekend which left me feeling very positive and energised.”
Where does it run?
The Advanced Lock-In takes place at Penny’s Cabin in Poole, Dorset. It’s not far away from Bournemouth with it’s beautiful beaches and cliff top views. Light and airy, Penny’s cabin is a perfect contemplative space for us to work in.
When is the Advanced Lock-In?
2nd – 3rd March 2019
To book or to ask questions, please contact Clare at email@example.com or call her on 07775 817344.
The Advanced Lock-In schedule
|10.15-11.00||Coffee and getting to know each other|
|12.00-1.00||Group mentor coaching: 1 coaching practice session with feedback against the ICF competencies|
|1.00-2.00||Light lunch and short walk|
|2.00-3.00||Group mentor coaching: 2 coaching practice sessions with feedback against the ICF competencies|
|3.15-4.15||Discuss ethical issues|
|4.45-5.00||Round up and close for the day|
|9.30-12.45||Group mentor coaching: 3 coaching practice sessions with feedback against the ICF competencies|
|1.45-2.45||Group mentor coaching: 1 coaching practice session with feedback against the ICF competencies|
Accommodation is to be booked and paid for separately, directly with the establishment of your choice. There is plenty of choice in Bournemouth and surrounding area. See Booking.com for options. Here are some suggestions, (though not tested or endorsed by us):
The closest train station to Penny’s Cabin is Branksome, 0.6 miles away. Taxis available from the station or it’s close enough to walk. For those coming without a car, I suggest you stay in Bournemouth and take the train to Branksome.
What happens next?
You’ll have likely started your journey with Clare at her New Forest Lock-In, which connected you to a supportive community of like minded people.
Further to that, you will have been invited to join an exclusive LinkedIn community (Locked-In) of individuals who have gone through the same process: an opportunity to share learning, successes and undoubtedly to ask for help, if indeed help is needed.
Clare’s annual Advanced Lock-In will provide you with the opportunity to gain eight Continuing Coaching Education Units towards the 40 hours that you need for re-accreditation. You will join other experienced coaches to develop your coaching skills further, share your coaching experiences, explore ethical dilemmas, make new friends, celebrate successes, and continue on the coaching journey.
How much does the Advanced Lock-In cost?
Advanced Lock-In programme:
- 8 hours of group mentor coaching, including discussion of ethical dilemmas
- Further knowledge and understanding of the competencies
- Re-accreditation requirements briefing
- 2 light lunches, plus tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout
Your investment is £490 + VAT per person**
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 + VAT is required with your booking to secure your place with the remainder due ten weeks prior to the Advanced Lock-In
- Refer-a-Friend: earn a £50 discount for referring a friend, who books and pays in full
- **Early Bird Bookings: £440 + VAT for full payment by ten weeks before the session – due by 22nd December 2018
- Virtual 1-1 Mentor Coaching Sessions: Charged at £150 + VAT each for a 1 hour session
- We regret that no refund can be paid on the deposit; and no refunds can be made for cancellations of less than 8 weeks before the first day of the Advanced Lock-In
- If a cancellation is made between 8 and 10 weeks before the first day of the Advanced Lock-In, 50% of the fees will be refunded
- If a cancellation is made more than 10 weeks before the first day of the Advanced Lock-In, then a full refund minus the deposit will be made. The deposit may be used towards a new date
- All cancellations must be in writing please
- Full refund will be paid 2 weeks before the start date, should the Advanced Lock-In be cancelled due to low numbers
*For ICF renewal, up to 10 hours of Mentor Coaching may be utilised as part of the 40 required for Continuing Coaching Education.
[The terms ‘Advanced Lock-In and Lock-In’ is subject to Copyright, Clare Norman Coaching Associates.]